|Date Posted||January 2, 2022|
Hotel / Restaurant
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Waiting on customers when they arrive at the restaurant.
- Arranging and preparing food and drinks service in a proper and hygienic manner.
- Preparing and organizing the restaurant for service.
- Removing used dishes, glasses, and flatware from tables.
- Maintaining familiarity with menu items and canteen information.
- Always maintaining good hygiene and personal cleanliness.
- Should have the ability to identify, report and correct hazards.
- Ensuring all work is done in a manner which enhances the safety of the work environment.
- Performing any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- KCSE Certificate with a mean grade of D+.
- Certificate in food and beverage production and service or its equivalent from a recognized institution. iii. 3 years’ experience in an institution of higher learning, star rated hotel or comparable organization.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Above 25 years.
- Active individual with good public relations.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and any other relevant testimonials.
- 1. An electronic copy in PDF format to the Vice Chancellor through email address email@example.com
- 2. Three hard copies marked as per the position should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P. O. Box 267 – 60200
To be received on or before 8th December 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The shortlisted candidates will be required to bring the following:
- Ethics and Anti–Corruption Commission.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.