|Date Posted||May 13, 2021|
The idea of establishing the Great Lakes University of Kisumu originated in the Tropical Institute of Community Health and Development (TICH) in Africa, which spearheaded the application for authority to operate as a university. The establishment of TICH was inspired by a number of sources expressing the need for a formal course in Community Based Health Care leading to a recognized academic qualification. Such a course would be offered by an academic institution that could effectively weave together theoretical, evidence based and practical hands-on analytical skills training into development, conducted in learning sites located in the community, civil society, industry and public institutions. It was thought that an Institute with the freedom to innovate but linked to an established University would be the best base for such a training program.
- Coordinating with all the transport staff and the government authorities to keep the bus feet in a ready state for the inspection of the vehicle fleet insurance.
- Responsible for the purchase of any equipment for the University vehicle fleet in compliance with all the existing policies and procedures.
- Assemble and track route information, develop route maps and as changes occur and communicate this information to all impacted parties.
- Perform ongoing evaluation of route efficiencies, develop strategies for improvement and report suggested changes to the management.
- Assist with ongoing orientation, training and evaluation to the University drivers group and report any concerns to the HR Officer.
Qualification & Competencies Required
- Bachelor’s degree Logistics management or in any relevant field.
- 3- 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Physical capacity to cope with patrolling and intervening in potentially violent situations.
- Significant experience in fleet management and / or logistics
- Understanding of policies and procedures governing the management of motorized assets and the contracting of transportation services
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Strong negotiating skills
- Demonstrated rational and logical thinking; ability to creatively and quickly find solutions to problems
- Proven ability to manage personnel, delegate and follow-up; must be able to “multi-task
- Experience managing inventories (e.g., asset and spare part stock management)
Applicants to send Cover letter, CV and testimonials indicating the position applied for to:
The Chairman of Governing Council
Great Lakes University of Kisumu
P.O Box 2224-40100
OR Send via mail to
Email subject line MUST read the position applied for. OR Hand drop to
Great Lakes University of Kisumu,
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Closing Date : 17th May, 2021