|Date Posted||October 18, 2021|
Sales and Marketing
Few companies founded in 1902 are still going from strength to strength. Fewer still are leaders in more than 55 markets. And with one billion adult smokers around the world, we manufacture the cigarettes chosen by around one in eight of them. We take our business and our impact very seriously. We know the tobacco industry is a controversial one, and so it’s all the more important that we act responsibly, from the sourcing of tobacco leaf right through to how we market our products to adult consumers. Global to local Our business operates at a local, as well as global, level. We don’t own tobacco farms or directly employ farmers.
SALARY RANGE: Competitive salary package + excellent benefits
LOCATION: Flexible location
REPORTS TO: Regional/Area Manager
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Operations/ Professional/ Business:
- Implement a Trade Marketing and Distribution plan:
- That meets the objectives of trade marketing and distribution.
- Is in line with brand / price strategy.
- Achieve trade coverage, visit frequency and outlet visit plan to maximize route effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure that the territory volume and distribution objectives of company brands are achieved by trade channel and outlet type in order that availability is maximized in line with brand strategies and the needs of the market.
- Ensure optimal stock levels, product quality and freshness through stock management, orientation to the trade and reporting on supply chain and product issues.
- Management responsibilities:
- Manage financial accounts and assets for the territory to ensure that trade marketing resources are secure and used in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Ensure all duties performed in the market by self and distributor staff adhere to the Tobacco Control Act and International Marketing Principles
- To provide market information and reports to ensure that the relevant marketing people are fully always informed.
- Maintain accurate records & monitoring of the achievement of weekly/cycle objectives and to submit reports as requested to ensure effective communication is maintained with management.
- Develop and manage an effective marketing team through formal and informal coaching, monitoring, and training.
- Align own and team activities to BAT strategy, policy, processes, values, and principles.
- Provide support to the trade through regular and accurate communication, problem solving, specialized advice and fair trade.
- Seeks opportunity for growth and development as a leader.
- Implement and establish close working relationships with partners (distributors, wholesalers, and retailers) in order to gain high levels of trade support and loyalty whilst enhancing understanding of the trading environment.
- Keep the team fully informed at all times of objectives, progress, and future action plan in order that effective planning and in-market activities can be implemented.
- Lead by example in the innovation area by trying new ways of doing existing work, embracing, and promoting change through new solutions, ideas and strategies that has worked elsewhere.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Relevant university degree (e.g., Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business Administration)
- Two years of experience in sales and marketing in an FMCG environment
- You also have a valid driver’s license and ability to drive a manual transmission car
- Good negotiation and influencing skills and capable of obtaining agreement through persuasion rather than through lines authority
- Basic computer proficiency and skills in Microsoft applications
- Strong attention to detail, quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills (trade partnership)
- Dynamic, innovative, motivated, and proactive
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!