|Date Posted||February 25, 2021|
Our client is a well-established international company in the engineering and construction industry, currently working on various infrastructure projects in the country. They seek to hire a well-experienced Surveying Manager tasked with conducting surveys for the company’s various road and infrastructure projects.
- Conduct preliminary survey for selected roads or bridge sites as per programmed plan this includes visual survey photos map checking and site visits.
- Plan and conduct an engineering survey for the selected roads structures and civil works including a topographic survey and record all site related details.
- Check the layout of the structures e.g. center line culverts bridges
- Formulate a topographic survey for project sites and monitoring related aspects after construction.
- Prepare survey data and survey reports to commence road or structure design
- Perform setting out works or check the setting out works at the request of regional Engineers or as directed
- Conduct post-construction survey and ensure the construction/design is in accordance with the BoQ
- Build the capacity of Surveyors in the regional offices in the use of survey equipment and surveying in collaboration with the Head of Engineering / Executive Director.
- Closely work with the team in the site to carry out the environmental and social assessment surveys
- Responsible for ensuring surveying equipment is in good working order
- Co-ordinate with Bridge and Roads Design Units and other units as applicable to ensure dissemination of surveying data
- Frequent travel to project sites and supervise survey team and field work.
- Perform any other duty in line as required by the Head of Engineering Executive Director and/or Senior Surveyor.
Skills & Qualifications
- Diploma in Land Survey
- 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in AutoCad Civil 3D, Sierra Soft Land.
- Experience in preparation of project-related reports
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working on infrastructure projects in the region required
- Understanding of technical concepts of implementation of infrastructure projects
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Surveying Manager – Road Projects) to email@example.com on/before Friday 5th March 2021.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.