|Date Posted||January 27, 2021|
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
- This role is responsible for analyzing and preparation of revenue reports for decision making process in the Division.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
1. Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Lead, guide and coach staff in the Team (Team lead)
2. Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Conducting trend analysis of key risk indicators in the department and evaluating action taken on the risk indicators reported
- Distribution of Targets to Sector for performance Management.
- Receive and collate data and information from Sectors for preparation of management reports.
- Preparation of DTD daily, monthly and annual revenue performance reports for the Division.
- Inspecting, analyzing and verifying taxpayer electronic data/records using acceptable computer-aided audit techniques and tax procedures and existing Computer-Aided auditing manual.
- Briefing the Assistant Manager on daily revenue and REI performance in the Division.
- Preparations of REI reports for divisional meetings.
- Revenue analysis and forecasting for the Division.
- Follow up and compilation of feedback on revenue datasets received in the division
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A university degree from a recognized University in any Business-related field
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Tax Administration /Tax Training
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of 3 year’s work experience in similar role.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills