|Date Posted||January 27, 2021|
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
- This role is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of the Operational Reports.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Collate and disseminate information through reports
- Coordinate and monitor strategic operational plans
- produce high quality enforcement progress reports as per requirements with input from the field operations and case management and Program Managers.
- Provide high quality editing and formatting for all documents
- Support staff in organizing and managing operations, workshops and field visits as required
- Provide through progress reporting continuous analysis of the achievements, facilitate project review, evaluation and audits
- Ensure all staff are fully trained on reporting requirements before placement
- Assist in coordinating the plans and frameworks for internal researches and surveys on behalf of the unit
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A relevant university degree in business-related field from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Tax Administration, Customs Law
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in similar role.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Technological ability
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Data protection
- Good planning and organizational skills
- People management skills
- Good oral and written communication
- Tax business understanding