|Date Posted||July 19, 2022|
This role is responsible for providing litigation services on matters affecting the Authority.
- Make proposals in the development of systems and procedures to enhance efficient and effective prevention and execution of business risks.
- Undertake research and preparation of legislation that impact on KRA and recommendations for any necessary amendments.
- Undertake the preparation of Memoranda of Understandings, bilateral and multilateral legal instruments with tax implications.
- Represent KRA in mainstream courts, Tax Tribunals, and other courts.
- Analyze Judgments and Rulings for post litigation revenue recovery on concluded cases by revenue Departments.
- Undertake the preparation of Pleadings and Defenses.
- A bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized institution
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK)
Minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role.
- People management skills
- Basic understanding of tax policies
- Decision making skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Resilient, focused and results-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Computer proficient
- Research skills
- Time management
- Team player
- Legal drafting skills
- Trial Advocacy skills