|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Responsible for (Purpose of the job).
Providing Conveyancing services on matters affecting the Authority.
Tasks and outputs:
- Make proposals in the development of systems and procedures to enhance efficient and effective prevention and execution of business risks.
- Undertake the drafting of legal instruments.
- Supervise the searches at various land and companies registries.
- Supervise registration of legal instruments.
- Liaise with various stakeholders (AG, PPRA, Ministry of Lands).
- Prepare briefs to management on matters arising from various contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB).
- A Post graduate diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK and ICPSK).
- Computer literate.
- Supervisory courses.
Minimum years of experience
3 years post admission experience in commercial law and conveyancing practice, 2 of which should be in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative and supervisory skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.