|Date Posted||January 27, 2021|
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
- This role is responsible for overseeing administrative matters and managing all office procedures.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Oversee the execution of the administrative related activities.
- Coordinate and maintain records for the department.
- Arranges for the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Assist in dissemination, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures and work plans for the section.
- Coordinate Authority’s activities i.e. meetings, workshops.
- Participate in budget preparation.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries e.g. audit queries, integrity issues.
- Coordinate and supervise the preparation, monitoring and evaluation of the performance contracts.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Interact with clients, vendors and visitors.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A degree in Sociology, Administration or related field from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least three (3) years’ in a Similar role
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Technological ability
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Good planning and organizational skills
- People management skills
- Good oral and written communication