|Date Posted||January 27, 2021|
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
- This role mainly entails general management/administration of DTD Registry.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Developing, maintaining, verifying and evaluating existing systems
- Dealing with enquiries and requests for information from both internal and external clients
- Ensuring that financial, legal or administrative requirements and regulations are complied with.
- Ensuring that data is protected
- Classifying and indexing records.
- Destroying or archiving finished data/records.
- Ensure easy access to records
- Providing training to staff who require access or have responsibility for maintaining records.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A degree in Records Management from a recognized institution
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in similar role.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Technological ability
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Data protection
- Good planning and organizational skills
- People management skills
- Good oral and written communication