|Date Posted||July 31, 2021|
Sales and Marketing
Are you an experienced marketing and sales growth hacker looking to build your own tech venture? Do you have years of marketing industry expertise, including digital marketing with strong strategy implementation with proven results, ability to lead a strong team of founders who, together with you, are looking to build a disruptive tech venture out of Africa? Do you have an understanding of various offline and online marketing strategies, demonstrating exceptional growth in fast-moving tech startup environments? And are you looking to build your next tech venture from scratch? If so, we would like to hear from you!
Antler is a startup generator and an early-stage VC. Our six-month program brings together experienced and driven professionals from diverse backgrounds to build strong teams and launch their own companies to seed round. We are present in 14 locations worldwide, we have supported 2000+ founders through our program, invested in 400+ startups, and received over 50,000+ applications.
We are looking for experienced marketing and sales professional to join our upcoming Antler Nairobi Cohort. You will have the opportunity to meet a co-founder and build a business from scratch, with the support of Antler. In addition to the highlighted skills above, you should also have the following competencies:
- Years of experience executing and/or leading digital marketing programs for top digital marketing agencies, internet companies, or client marketing organizations
- Vast experience in leading campaign operations across multiple channels and products preferable in e-commerce, marketplace, or e-commerce arm of retail companies
- Deep expertise and knowledge in digital strategy, omnichannel, digital culture, and agile process
- Digital marketing savvy on multiple digital and physical marketing platforms, systems, and tools
- Strategy oriented, with deep expertise in business and wide knowledge in enterprise management, and superior level of problem-solving
- Ability to influence and be a natural leader to manage the internal team and coordinate the multidisciplinary external teams in complex client environments
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire and communicate with a wide range of technical and non-technical/low technology literacy stakeholders and customers
- Strong analytical skills with hands-on experience in conducting market research analysis, solving business problems, innovative thinking, developing technical roadmaps and go-to-market strategies, story outlines, writing user stories, refining product backlogs, and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to work independently, without the need for day-to-day guidance, make independent decisions, and influence positive outcomes.
How does this work?
- You will find your co-founder(s) and an amazing start-up idea to work on.
- You will receive dedicated and personalized coaching and mentoring from our Nairobi team and will have access to our global network of over 400 advisors.
- You will improve your development knowledge and technical skills by networking with various other passionate and like-minded individuals.
- You will enjoy inspirational talks and learn about extraordinary business success stories from driven entrepreneurs and renowned investors.
- You will pitch to our internal Investment Committee to raise a pre-seed investment of USD100K
Phase 2: (Only for teams that have received our investment)
- You will build your Minimum Viable Product (MVP) with your co-founder(s) and Antler’s support
- You and your business partner will acquire your first customers
- If all goes well, your company will begin generating real revenues
- At the end of phase 2, your company will get to present to hundreds of investors at our Demo Day
- The next Nairobi program will start in Sept 2021.
- All selected founders joining the program will receive a stipend of USD 1500 for the first phase of the program (11 weeks).
- After 11 weeks, Antler invests USD 100,000 for a 20% equity stake in each company that is selected by our investment committee.