|Date Posted||July 31, 2021|
IT / Information Technology
Are you a full-stack software developer with excellent programming skills, strong problem-solving abilities, a strong leadership track record, and a passion for developing/improving tech solutions utilizing cutting-edge technologies? And are you looking to build your next tech venture from scratch? If so, we would like to hear from you!
Antler, is a startup generator and an early-stage VC. Our six-month program brings together experienced and driven professionals from diverse backgrounds to build strong teams and launch their own companies to seed round. We are present in 14 locations worldwide, we have supported 2000+ founders through our program, invested in 400+ startups, and received over 50,000+ applications.
We are looking for a senior experienced full stack developer to join our upcoming cohort to build the next disruptive African tech venture, from scratch, where you will play an instrumental role as a co-founder/CTO. You will mainly be responsible for the tech/product side of the business. In addition to the core skills, you will need to have the ability to
- Serve as a product evangelist & subject matter expert to the technical/developer community
- Ensure Knowledge Transfer and handoff to support teams
- Experience leading a team of developers and technical product managers and maintaining an organized oversight of specific product delivery schedules to ensure the proper balance of speed, features, timing, and integration with other functions, in tight coordination with your co-founding team.
- Demonstrated leadership, maturity, and organizational abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal & collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to use diplomacy & communication skills to influence outcomes and influence others without authority.
- Strong analytical skills with hands-on experience in conducting technological analyses of business problems developing technical roadmaps, story outlines, writing user stories, refining product backlogs, and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to work independently, without the need for day-to-day guidance, make independent decisions, and influence positive outcomes.
How does this work?
- You will find your co-founder(s) and an amazing start-up idea to work on.
- You will receive dedicated and personalized coaching and mentoring from our Nairobi team and will have access to our global network of over 400 advisors.
- You will improve your development knowledge and technical skills by networking with various other passionate and like-minded individuals.
- You will enjoy inspirational talks and learn about extraordinary business success stories from driven entrepreneurs and renowned investors.
- You will pitch to our internal Investment Committee to raise a pre-seed investment of USD100K
Phase 2: (Only for teams that have received our investment)
- You will build your Minimum Viable Product (MVP) with your co-founder(s) and Antler’s support
- You and your business partner will acquire your first customers
- If all goes well, your company will begin generating real revenues
- At the end of phase 2, your company will get to present to hundreds of investors at our Demo Day
- The next Nairobi program will start in Sept 2021.
- All selected founders joining the program will receive a stipend of USD 1500 for the first phase of the program (11 weeks).
- After 11 weeks, Antler invests USD 100,000 for a 20% equity stake in each company that is selected by our investment committee.