|Date Posted||October 18, 2021|
Sales and Marketing
Citibank N.A. Kenya has been operating in Kenya since 1974 and has two branches in Nairobi and Mombasa, serving Corporate and Institutional clients. Citibank Kenya is the regional hub for the Citi East Africa cluster, which covers Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia. It’s the only solely corporate bank in Kenya. Businesses Citi Kenya is structured around business segments, product groups, operations and technology and staff units. The business segment that caters to our diverse customer base is our Institutional Clients Group, which includes the global relationship banking services we provide for top-tier local corporate clients. As a part of our business focus and broader market reach, in 1999 we expanded our target market to cater to the emerging and vibrant middle and lower market tiers.
Cluster Head will have end-to-end responsibility for the development and strategic growth of a key global business within TTS that will deliver integrated solutions to the Financial Institutions segment. Scope includes traditional correspondent banking services (Cash & Trade) to banks, cash management and trade products for other segments.
- Manage the correspondent banking model in partnership with regional FIG, common score-cards, account plans, etc.
- Execute global FI-TTS strategy in the cluster, specifically focused on MWBs
- Deliver revenue, market share goals; manage critical business drivers
- Develop and implement marketing plans by country/product to improve market share and client penetration
- Drive the sales process – identify new revenue opportunities, originate deals, manage to grow base revenues, minimize attrition
- Work with global and regional product partners to ensure product offering is competitive in service, function & price
- Align annual financial plan with product partners (tied to key drivers and existing and potential customers)
- Closely monitor client portfolio risk (AML and trade credit), with appropriate and timely escalation of issues
Expected outcomes after 12 months
- Cluster revenues to meet financial plans – supporting sustained YOY growth and top tier positioning in each market
- Common score cards established with FIG Bankers
- Marketing plans established and executed to improve share by customer, country and by product
- Quality plans established and executed to drive to #1 positioning in external surveys
- Ability to work across multiple facets of the TTS and FIG organization
- Ability to establish and maintain senior client relationships
- Ability to maintain momentum and minimize client attrition
- Ability to manage diverse risk (compliance and credit) elements in portfolio
- Graduate Degree, MBA preferred, high level of personal integrity, proven dedication to excellence, leadership qualities and a flexible, creative, innovative personality
- 10+ years related experience including correspondent banking, cash management & trade products and platforms; credit experience preferred, but not essential
- Ability to work closely and build trust with senior management
- Outstanding people leadership skills. Able to motivate/influence.
- Superior interpretive and problem solving skills.
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate in a complex matrix environment.
- Articulate written and verbal communication skills