|Date Posted||May 23, 2023|
- Support organizational capacity assessments (OCA) to identify gaps and drivers of SSG inaction, and report making recommendations in order to inform a range of community-focused interventions.
- Support the development of Site Action Plan for saving species and conserving habitats, promoting ecological sustainability, and livelihoods i.e., incorporating monitoring and restoration; skills on influencing government development projects to favor retention and protection of nature, providing entrepreneurial training and project development supplemental businesses with opportunities for women etc.
- Assist to carry out regular needs assessment to inform Training Needs of the different SSG committees, develop a program of training and organise training workshops to ensure implementation.
- In collaboration with the implementation committees organize community (Chief’s/village, churches, women groups, youth groups etc.) meetings to raise awareness on nature conservation actions.
- Ensure engagement of the local administration i.e. chiefs, village elders, and ward administrators in the planning and execution of SSG local actions.
- Assist in coordinating the marking of all global environment important days (WWD, WED, IFD, Bird Big Day etc.) for optimal impact in awareness creation while documenting numbers (Adult Women & Men, Children, government officers reached, seedlings planted etc).
- Support in KBA biodiversity monitoring (Basic, detailed & common bird monitoring)
- Assist to review site monitoring protocol
- Assist to build capacity in KBA biodiversity monitoring.
Advocacy, Communication and Networking
- Assist to raise local community awareness and support advocacy for community voice, help implement advocacy and education strategy and communicate biodiversity issues.
- Assist to consolidate information on Nature Kenya/SSG conservation actions and communicating through radio, television, print media, and other NK communication channels.
- Any other task delegated by the Executive Director, Local Action Manager, or other Nature Kenya managers
Educate the young and youth and adults at eco-resource centres at Key Biodiversity Areas; catalyse formation of school environment clubs; promote tree planting in schools; build conservation skills of Site Support Groups.
- university degree in natural resource management field,
- excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills; spark for action, quality and efficiency and ability to meet targets
Please submit your application and CV for the relevant position to the Executive Director using e-mail: email@example.com