|Date Posted||August 14, 2022|
Ona is a social enterprise that builds the data infrastructure to drive change. We believe technology affords new opportunities for governments and development organizations to be increasingly data driven, collaborative and accountable. Our goal is never simply to build a great product, but to support great outcomes.
To develop and implement mobile, facility, and enterprise technology solutions that support the real-time exchange of information from a local to national scale. This includes creating child vaccine systems, integrating electronic medical record systems, exchanging vital health information, and supporting the coordination of national health programs.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Work everyday with the engineering team leads, project managers, and designers to develop the right technical solutions across multiple platforms to meet the implementation needs.
- Support the day-to-day technical program management needs of the engineering team, making decisive decisions, promptly responding to requests, and asking for help when needed.
- Write software specifications, manage project execution, understand resourcing needs, review UI/UX wireframes and mockups, and define product roll-out strategy, including writing product development timelines.
- Convert high level project goals to ticket level tasks with a detail that can be executed by our engineering team.
- Judiciously document and communicate project activities, plans and decisions, ensuring team members at different levels know their role and are supported to execute their assignment.
- Work with clients/partners to define the problem they are trying to address thereafter collaborate with designers and analysts to design an appropriate technology solution. This often involves travel to the partners’ site.
- Lead the processes of project scope definition, objectives, functional requirements, including writing project proposals and budgets, while involving all relevant stakeholders ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget at the highest attainable quality standards.
- Identify project and technical risks early, raise them with our team and work together on mitigation strategies.
- Actively engage with team members, offering to assist if your skills can contribute to the project. Mentor colleagues on TPM best practices and growth.
- Develop and maintain industry leading technical understanding to translate program requirements into technical requirements, communicate and work closely with our engineers.
- Present project progress in a timely manner to Ona’s senior management team and project stakeholders to ensure program management and quality standards are met.
- Analyze user feedback and ensure the technical solution continuously improves and optimizes client satisfaction.
- Attend stakeholder meetings, workshops, and conferences to present Ona’s products and work to diverse audiences (health, technical, etc.)
- Self-starter who is motivated to move the team and project ahead without direct instruction.
- Able to take big, sometimes nebulous, projects and tasks and break them down into granular details that can be accomplished by the engineering team.
- Able to prioritize dozens of high value tasks across multiple projects simultaneously, in an environment where priorities are constantly changing. Able to stay organized and deliver in this environment.
- Ability to communicate accurately, clearly, and effectively in written and spoken English.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field, e.g. computer science, IT, economics, social science, engineering, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience managing the software development lifecycle on large scale projects.
- Adept at breaking down complex technical problems into actionable steps
- Clearly demonstrated experience leading multiple complex projects and teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience interacting with and designing RESTful APIs.
- Comfortable working in Linux environments, running web servers, testing Android APKs and triaging problems.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Knowledge and experience working with agile methodologies.
- Willing to travel globally (potentially up to 20-30% of time).
- Knowledge of project management tools (e.g. GitHub projects, Avaza, Trello, JIRA).
- Background as an engineering team lead, manager or ability to demonstrate competency at that level.
- Experience configuring and implementing widely-adopted, open source data and information platforms in a large scale project(e.g. OpenSRP, Ona.io, ODK, OpenMRS, DHIS2, RapidPro and OpenHIE).
- Interest and deep familiarity with ICT4D.
- Ability to speak French or any other language.