|Date Posted||May 19, 2022|
IT / Information Technology
The Senior Application Developer will be responsible for leading the design, development and deployment of large-scale complex software solutions at an enterprise level. These applications are often high-volume mission critical systems and will provide an exposure to a broad range of technologies across all layers of architecture in JAVA, Redhat Integrations, Cloud and DevOps practice.
He/She will work independently or collaborate with teams across the development organisation to understand the functional requirements and translate them into shippable products. In addition, he/she will be a technical lead in many projects and a thought leader in the integrations and software development practice.
- Develop systems and systems integrations on the bank’s integrations middleware stack using JAVA and Red Hat Integration technologies and tools to drive business.
- Work closely with product owners and business analysts and solution architects during requirements engineering phase to understand and document functional and non-functional requirements.
- Work together with Group Enterprise Architecture teams to analyze product requirements and design best-fit architectures and solutions guided by KCB policies and industry best practices and standards.
- Identify, champion, and implement innovative solutions that exploit existing business opportunities and mitigate existing risks.
- Accountable for development and timely delivery of quality applications and software solutions from requirements definition, review of solution design (SDD) and interface specification documents (ISD), user test planning and review, defect tracking, and ensuring closure project
- Specify and ensure application controls are incorporated during design of the software in order to check on risk exposure
- Analyze and fix software applications bugs and defects and contributes towards ensuring high availability, scalability, fault tolerance and resilience of production solutions and applications.
- Design, develop unit test plans and perform unit and scenario testing for application code bases and work with technology operations and support teams to handover system support skills and documentation and formulate OLA agreements with level 3 support.
- Collaboratively work with the Quality Assurance analysts and product owners to carry our functional and system tests and play a key role in facilitating User acceptance tests.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University degree from a recognized institution preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- 5 years Technology experience with at least 2 years’ experience in developing enterprise grade highly scalable Java based applications.
- Application development experience using any of the following technologies:
Java 1.8+, Spring Framework, Apache Camel, Spring Boot, Restful Services (JAX-RS), REST and SOAP API, Java Testing Frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, PowerMockito), Microservices, JPA/JDBI, Openshift.
- A good understanding of Cloud infrastructure & continuous integration tools such as GIT, Jenkins, XLR.
- Able to work with a variety of customers and collaborate with technical teams.
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment.