|Date Posted||September 14, 2020|
Health Care / Medical
Applications are invited from appropriately qualified candidates for the position of Research Assistant – Laboratory Technologist in the study. Staff will be based at the research sites in Kilifi County.
The research assistant will provide administrative support in data collection, data entry and other aspects of research to the study principal investigator and project team. This role is based primarily at the health facilities but may include roles in the community. The role includes shift work including nights, weekends and public holidays.
- Sampling, collection, transport, processing, analysis of biological samples for research participants for PRECISE study and related studies
- Under guidance from the laboratory specialist, contribute to quality control and quality improvement in the study laboratory and other clinical areas relevant to sample handling
- Sample logging, data collection, data entry for all activities related to sample handling into relevant study database and health facility registers.
- Create daily and monthly summary reports for activities as guided by the study coordinator
- Communicate to families and community members about the study, as appropriate and as guided by the lab specialist and study coordinator
- Regularly report any relevant events that affect the study to the laboratory specialist
- Conduct all study activities in adherence to provided guidelines and protocols and with utmost confidentiality and ethical practice
- Alongside health facility staff and as guided by the study laboratory specialist, contribute to routine sample handling processes at the health facility
- Ensuring timely submission of all the required progress reports
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologist Board (KMLTTB)
- Registration certificate and valid practicing license from KMLTTB
- Basic Computer literacy and training in Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Essential experience –
- Good written and verbal skills in English and Kiswahili
- Relevant experience working at a laboratory associated with a clinical or research facility
Additional Experience -
- One (1) year experience in a busy laboratory
- Experience in public health facility settings
- Experience in data entry and reporting using HMIS systems or study specific research databases or other electronic data collection systems within laboratory settings
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to the Manager, Recruitment, Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi. P. O. Box 30270-00100, NAIROBI or throught the emails below. Applications by email are preferred.
Please indicate the title of the position on your application.
Applications should be submitted latest by October 31, 2020