|Date Posted||July 23, 2021|
The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research – (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust. We conduct integrated epidemiological, social, laboratory and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding into local and international health policy. Our research platforms include state-of-the-art laboratories, a demographic surveillance system covering a quarter of a million residents, partnership with Kilifi County Hospital in health care and hospital surveillance, a clinical trials facility, a vibrant community engagement programme and a dedicated training facility. The KWTRP leadership includes the Executive Director Philip Bejon, the KEMRI Centre Director Benjamin Tsofa, the Ag. Nairobi Programme director Mike English and the Chief Operating Officer Catherine Kenyatta. Our Vision to establish long term sustainable capacity for research in human health that improves global health. Our Mission to deliver high quality research relevant to global health and to build local capacity for undertaking research. Aims of the programme â€¢To conduct research to the highest international scientific and ethical standards on the major causes of morbidity and mortality in the region in order to provide the evidence base to improve health. â€¢To train an internationally competitive cadre of Kenyan and African research leaders to ensure the long term development of health research in Africa
The Research Assistant will be responsible for recruitment and data collection.
- Ensure all related records and reports are handled and managed in line with the study protocol and the Standard Operation Procedures
- Contact study participants as per study protocol and complete relevant study collection tools
- Prepare daily report on progress of each study participant contacted and update the study coordinator and field coordinator
- Liaise with field coordinator and lead clinician on home visits/trace-ups for study participants
- Assist the clinic team complete relevant data collection forms
- Provide study team with regular feedback on study activities
- Participate in regular team calls and meetings
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
- College Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Pharmacy or Nursing field
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Immediate availability
Terms of Employment
Employment is on a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months.
Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees, copies of academic and professional certificates and a duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 20 July, 2021.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer commited to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.
KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately