|Date Posted||November 25, 2021|
GRADE EBK 6
REF: REF NO. EBK/HR & ADM/RT/030/VOL. I/ (327)
REPORTING LINE: REGISTRATION OFFICER WILL REPORT TO SENIOR REGISTRATION OFFICER
The Registration Officer is responsible for receiving, recording and processing applications for registration and as well as issuance of licenses under the guidance and supervision of a senior officer.
JOB AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
a) Job Specifications
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail: -
• Advise applicants how to apply and the requirements for various registration categories;
• Analyses applications received as guided by the senior registration officer;
• Advise prospective applicants on application process in various categories;
• Issuing application forms to prospective applicants;
• Issue Application forms, Receive application forms, very the applications for completeness and responsiveness;
• Reviewing and scrutinizing applications for registration against set standards.;
• Recording of all the received applications;
• Attend to all inquiries on matters relating to status of applications;
• Maintain an update register of applications received for registration in registration management information system (MIS);
• Ensure applications have been put into registration management system;
• Sort and file processed applications in readiness for archiving;
• Compiles reports on registration of persons;
• Issues certificates and licences for the engineers; and
• Ensure that filing of engineers records is properly done and files sent to the archives for safe custody.
b) Person Specifications
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
• Have Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
• Graduate Engineer Registered by the Engineers Board of Kenya and of Good Standing
c) Key Competencies and skills
For consideration to the position, the candidate must demonstrate that they have:
• Proficiency in IT;
• Good Communication skills;
• Good Interpersonal skills;
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The positions are on Permanent and Pensionable Terms of Service.
An attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package awaits the successful applicant.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION
i. Successful candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and will therefore be required to provide the following documents;
• Clearance certificates from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
• Valid Tax Compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations ;
• Clearance certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission.
ii. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to log onto the Boards recruitment portal via https://ebk.go.ke/recruitment and must complete the registration and submit the same as well as attach the following documents.
• Copy of National Identification Card or Passport.
• Cover Letter
• Detailed CVs (giving current contact details of three (3) referees),
• Copies of all academic and professional certificates, copies of testimonials, details of current position, current remuneration
Attach all the above documents as one pdf document
All applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered. No Hard Copy Application will be accepted.
All applications(Cover Letters) must be received not later than 14th December2021 at 1700 Hours and should be addressed to;
ENGINEERS BOARD OF KENYA,
P. O. Box 30324-00100
The Board is an equal-opportunity employer in keeping with its obligations under the Constitution of Kenya 2010 particularly Articles 10, 27(4) and 232. The Board therefore encourages qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race,culture, religion, marital status or disability to apply.