|Date Posted||October 9, 2021|
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Roles & Responsibilities
The Regional Head of Programme Development and Support is a member of the Regional Management Team and manages the Regional Programme Advisers and Regional Grants Coordinator. This is a dual role, and the postholder will also acts as a Regional Programme Adviser for allocated countries. It is anticipated that the team leadership and strategic lead will take 50% of working time, leaving 50% of working time for the regional programme adviser role.
- Provide specialist support, advice and guidance to own portfolio of country offices in relation to programme development and to strategic planning in country programmes;
- Take responsibility for capacity building and learning and development, as required, including facilitation of induction training for relevant programme personnel in COs, and provision of PCM support, including facilitation and delivery of trainings, to country programmes within the region;
- Take responsibility for quality control of donor proposals and reports, macros log frames, and triannual reports and internal programme strategy documents and reports, in regard to NRC strategies and donor compliance;
- Lead in the development of a funding strategy identifying new types of donors and monitoring donor priorities and trends; provide specialist knowledge and advice on donor policy and practice;
- Lead in the development of a partnerships’ strategy, identifying both interagency and commercial partnership opportunities, monitoring trends; provide specialist knowledge on development of commercial partnerships at CO and RO level;
- Monitor the Major Projects Committee and oversee the successful implementation of this process;
- Work with the regional L&D specialist and HO L&D specialists/PCM Adviser on the development of enhanced learning and development initiatives to address learning needs identified in COs in relation to programme proposal development, PCM, grants management and donor compliance.
- Several years of documented relevant Manager/Adviser experience within the humanitarian field;
- Previous experience in a Head of Programme or similar position would be an asset;
- In-depth knowledge of institutional donors’ strategies, priorities, and compliance guidelines;
- Track record of successful proposal development, or similar in funding or partnerships;
- Experience of strategic planning, including strategic approaches to business development;
- Extensive experience with assessments, programme development, and programme implementation;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts, with preference for previous experience in the East Africa and Yemen region.
What We Offer
- At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take initiative.
- 24 months fixed term contract renewable subject to funding and performance;
- An opportunity to work at a family duty station;
- Management Grade 10 in NRC’s grade structure;
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause;
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.