|Date Posted||May 10, 2021|
Access Bank Plc is a full service commercial Bank operating through a network of about 366 branches and service outlets located in major centres across Africa and the United Kingdom. Listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 1998, the Bank serves its various markets through 4 business segments: Personal, Business, Commercial and Corporate & Investment banking.
The job holder will evaluate and advise on recovery solution (s) to Non-Performing Debts, develop action plans and monitor their execution on a continuous basis to achieve maximum timely recoveries and or turnaround at minimal costs. The expected results are:
- To restore Non-Performing debts to performing.
- Recover Non-Performing debts to the fullest extent possible to achieve budgeted financial targets.
- Minimize recovery costs to the lowest possible levels.
- Additionally, he/she will provide timely and accurate recovery reports to facilitate decision making and meet regulatory requirements.
- To maintain a high quality loan portfolio.
- Daily monitoring and immediate follow-up of all accounts in the non-performing portfolio.
- Managing issuance of all required statutory notices prior to engaging recovery action.
- Oversee disposal of recovered assets.
- Negotiating and restructuring facilities where such action increases chances of recovery of the debt.
- To advise and train the bank on good lending techniques that would reduce delinquencies.
- To advise and train the bank on early debt management and debts collection.
- Implementing exposure/recovery strategies and action plans for each non-performing debt.
- To increase the profitability of the bank through write backs.
- Ensure compliance with credit policies and CBK prudential guidelines on non-performing debts.
- Reduce non-performing debts by at least 40% through aggressive recoveries and viable restructurings.
- Reduce the loan migration from performing to non-performing categories to fewer than 50 Million of the total loan book per month.
- Bachelors degree in a business related field from a reputable and recognized university.
- At least 5 years experience, three of which must be in a debt recoveries role in the banking industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge in recovery processes.
Skills / Competence Requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Credit Administration/Risk Management
- Credit Products
- Credit Analysis and Appraisal
- Loans administration / account management
- Credit Workout/Restructuring
- Financial analysis / interpretation
- Facility Structuring
- Strategic Focus/ Orientation
- Integrity and Discretion
- Initiative/ Proactive
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication (oral & written)
Competitive renumeration package