|Date Posted||April 14, 2021|
We are an international humanitarian organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries. Concern Worldwide began working in Kenya in May 2002 with the development of an urban programme in Nairobi. Our work expanded into a multi-sectoral programme focusing on urban and rural livelihoods, primary education, HIV and AIDS, water and sanitation, and health and nutrition in both Nairobi and Marsabit. In partnership with local organisations, Concern also responds to a number of emergencies in Kenya resulting from floods, drought and violence.
Reports to: Senior Officer Administration & Security
Contract Details: One (1) Year
The incumbent will provide receptionist services for the Nairobi office and will support in the day-to-day management of some administrative processes thus enabling successful running of Concern’s operations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greeting visitors and dealing with their requests or directing them to the relevant staff member
- Answering the switch board and forwarding calls to the relevant staff member
- Daily checking of the Nairobi.admin email address and forwarding emails as appropriate
- Distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail to be delivered or posted
- Sending and receiving courier items
- Accommodation bookings in Nairobi for staff and visitors; ensuring that all staff and visitors are advised in advance of where they will be staying
- Booking airport pick-up and drop-off for visitors
- Issuing a temporary phone to visitors, if necessary; ensuring that it is returned when the visitors leave; ensuring the asset issue form is signed for phones
- Top-up pre-paid visitor phone lines, as required
- Maintain an emergency contact card and issue to visitors on arrival
- Managing the scheduling of bookings for meeting rooms
- Prepare payments for administration services e.g. accommodation, telephone, flights; for telephone ensuring that staff identify personal calls and are charged for them
- Prepare payments for utilities for electricity, gas, water – post-paid and pre-paid; for pre-paid monitoring consumption and ensuring that top-ups are made before funds run out
- Maintain the key-holder/office opening/closing board
- Maintain the office notice board with up-to-date information
- Ensuring that paper recycling boxes are emptied regularly and that the paper is dispatched to the recycling facility
- Ensuring the printers and photocopies have adequate paper and toners; monitoring usage; facilitating replacement of toners
- Perform other admin duties such as filing and photocopying admin related documents
- Receive daily milk and newspaper supplies
- Support in Partial Clerical (Data entry) work for Kenya Finance Team
- Support in Logistics processes (facilitate signing of field related documents, prequalification process, Issuing stock adjustment reports
- Support in tagging office inventory
- Support in tracking office supplies stock and place orders (milk, newspaper, kitchen supplies, stationery store supplies, toners, printing papers, handwashing soap/foams, sanitizers)
- Liaison with Isiolo County offices to help with admin supplies replenishment (prompting if there is any need, facilitating approval of documents raised by Isiolo staff, support admin related services/supplies
- Management of the admin mini-stores which contain stationery, food items and cleaning materials; maintaining stores records, keeping the stores clean and tidy and ensuring that adequate stock levels are maintained
- Issue monthly stock reconciliation reports for the admin mini-stores
Responding To Emergencies
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
- Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Code Of Conduct And Associated Policies
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Code of Conduct and associated policies
- To support and promote the standards outlined in the CoC and associated policies to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Diploma or higher level qualification in Business Administration or other related discipline
- At least one (1) years working experience. Previous experience in an international NGO is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confidential, integrity and ability to handle sensitive situations**
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English and Kiswahili
- Proficiency in computer applications
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a detailed CV with three referees and Cover Letter Only to
with the subject of the email as ‘Receptionist-Nairobi’ .Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
CONCERN WORLDWIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT CHARGE FOR RECRUITMENT
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Closing Date : 16th April, 2021