|Date Posted||August 15, 2022|
A professional employer organization We contractually assume and manages critical human resource responsibilities and employer liability for businesses.
Reports to: Managing Director
Our client, specializing in the growing, packaging and distribution of fresh herbs and vegetables to global and local customers, is recruiting an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join their team.
To develop, review and oversee the overall food quality and safety standards set to meet customer expectations and satisfaction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Compliance, Quality and Food Safety
- Ensure that all food safety requirements are met – maintain the facility in compliance with BRC and other international food safety standards.
- Ensure that all products received and dispatched to customers meet all customer specifications.
- Ensure that the cold chain is maintained during receiving of product, storing, grading and dispatching.
- Develop and train a team of pack house staff and instil a culture of continuous improvement in all aspects of the pack house operations
- Ensure high standards of health and safety practices are adhered to.
- Respond to customer complaints and provide meaningful feedback to suppliers
- Develop a rating system for growers based on their performance on quality, compliance and other important variables
- Ensure all food quality and safety related paperwork is kept to date.
- Oversee and monitor product shelf life
- Oversee all new product development.
- Ensure the colour coding set is followed to the letter.
- Ensure all processing equipment, PPEs are kept in good hygiene condition.
- Ensure staff are trained in and are conducting safe operating procedures for all equipment and machinery on site.
- Ensure staff are aware of health and safety policy and follow the correct process if an incident/accident occurs.
- Maintain plant, equipment and machinery to ensure all areas are safe, clean and tidy and meet OSH and company requirements.
- Work in conjunction with management to ensure correct levels of staffing
- Manage, lead and train staff for understanding of quality assurance expectations and policies
- Any other duties as reasonably required from time to time.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in the horticulture industry.
- Degree in Agribusiness or related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience
- Excellent understand of food safety principles and requirements
- Certification in HACCP, BRC and any other food safety training
- Be able to articulate a common vision and provide others with a sense of direction.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Problem solver
- Excellent attention to detail