|Date Posted||February 25, 2021|
Sales and Marketing
The Purchasing Officer is responsible for negotiating, acquiring, and documenting all purchases as authorized by the cost controller, and he/she must ensure that all restaurant goods are properly received, stored, and issued. Additionally, the Purchasing officer must work closely and effectively with all the department heads.
- General purchasing of all inventory items
- Ensure accurate tracking of all items received and issued
- Ensure proper communication with the Departments with regards to inventory levels
- Analyze previous purchases to predict future purchasing needs.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports on key performance indicators, such as inventory movement and volume, product overages and dead stock reports; stock rotation and wastage reports.
- Monitor expiration and stock rotation.
- Receiving products, checking weights, cost, quantity and quality.
- Working with the Departmental Heads, preparing orders and order all products through the procurement system
- Responsible for storage & security for food and liquor stores items.
- Coordinate month end inventories.
- Manage inventory variances through the purchasing system.
- Assist management with obtaining competitive price quotations and confirm purchase availability.
- Assist the Accounts in researching any discrepancies on invoices.
- Ensure that all storage areas are secure, clean and properly organized.
- Conduct frequent quality control audits to ensure staff is properly trained and following established procedures.
- Degree/Diploma Procurement/ Supply Chain or an equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must have 4 years experience in purchasing in hotel or restaurant
- Highly computer literate
- Confident with strong communication skills
If you have not worked within the hotel industry please do not apply as you will not be considered
- Perform duties that require close attention to detail;
- Prioritize workload, assume responsibility for work, and follow through to completion.
- Maintain balance when under stress
To apply, interested candidates should send a copy of their detailed CV with references to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th March 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.