|Date Posted||May 13, 2021|
Job Title : Project Manager-Nutrition
Reporting to : Cluster Manager
Grade Level : 14
Work Location : Turkana, Kilifi & Kitui
Purpose of Position
To provide programmatic and technical management in successful implementation of the NICHE grant project, aimed at improving child wellbeing outcomes within the project area and effectively lead and communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos whilst demonstrating quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others
Programmatic and technical support for nutrition projects -40%
• Ensure proper planning and implementation of Nutrition grant project interventions in the project area in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and other partners
• Ensure all grant nutrition interventions are implemented within schedule, plans and budgets and regularly review project status
• Ensure that nutrition interventions are integrated with other projects in the programme
• Ensure identification of local needs and resources and take appropriate programming measures
• Ensure effective integration of gender, child protection, food security, disability, Christian commitment and advocacy into nutrition grant.
• Ensure development of quality project, Annual work plans, budgets and Detailed Implementation Plan, 4D matrix
• Ensure Integration of sustainability planning in the project design
Quality assurance for programmatic Designs, Assessments, Monitoring and Evaluation processes-25%
• Lead the development of project design, work plans and ensure compliance to WVK, GoK, donor guidelines and standards
• Ensure timely mobilization and effective communication with the relevant ministries, communities and other stakeholders during baselines and evaluations
• Liaise with National Office Program Officer for the technical support of the project officers and technical aspects of the project design
• Follow-up for timely approval of donor reports, budgets and plans for the project
• Ensure monthly monitoring of project indicators and facilitate regular reflections on monitoring practice to make improvements and share the report with relevant stakeholders
• Contribute to evaluation planning, support nutrition surveys, support data collection, analysis and interpretation of nutrition data
• Ensure the health information system for MOH and NICHE is updated regularly and can inform project implementation
• Ensure timely submission of quality reports (weekly to biweekly sitreps, monthly management reports, Semi-annual Annual in line with WV/donor reporting guidelines
• In collaboration with project team identify, document and disseminate promising practices on nutrition within the grant
Advocacy, Engagement, Coordination, Networking & Partnerships-15%
• Represent WVK in nutrition stakeholder meetings county and sub-county levels key among them county
• In liaison with county health team lead the county nutrition technical forum and county multi-stakeholder forums
• Engaging with county executive, county legislature, ministry of health as sub-county or county level to influence resource allocation nutrition
• Map resource mobilization opportunities at local level and develop concepts and proposals in collaboration with regional and national office teams
Enhanced Empowerment & Capacity building -10%
• Identification and sharing of capacity building gaps among nutrition project staff and partners.
• Lead the capacity building initiatives for staff, communities and partners to enable them effectively advocate for and implement project interventions.
• Ensure ongoing coaching and mentoring of project staff and MoH staff to be able perform achieve results
• Identify funding gaps related to health and nutrition and develop concepts for fundraising solicitation
Provide data and nutrition information that will aid in fundraising for available funding opportunities.
• Attend and participate/ lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
• Minimum of five (5) years working experience of which three (3) should be in maternal infant and young child nutrition interventions
• Good understanding of Ministry of health systems, Nutrition programming models, standards and guidelines, Ministries of Health structures at county and national levels
• Knowledge of national Health and Nutrition policy and advocacy instruments and structures
• First-hand experience in Health and Nutrition community resilience programming
• Significant experience working with an NGO environment, community and peoples’ groups, state institutions etc.
• Experience in project management and implementation
• Experience in staff management/supervision
• Working knowledge of child safeguarding policy
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills.
• High professional ethics and integrity
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
• Must Have minimum of Bachelor degree in Nutrition, or related discipline from a recognized University.
• MUST be registered with relevant health associations such e.g. Kenya Nutritionists and Dieticians Institute.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement-30%
• Travel: As required
• Available and on call to serve on emergency and as appropriate