|Date Posted||April 20, 2021|
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group’s capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group’s operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, DFS Business Strategy, the Products Data Analyst will be responsible for providing guidance, analysis and support through data on the bank’s digital products by establishing viability for new products as well as enabling effective performance reporting. The role holder will also need to be a specialist in data collection, interrogation, analysis & presentation.
- Transform large, complex datasets into pragmatic, actionable insights, leverage data to identify, quantify and influence tangible business gain by performing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in reports, dashboards and charts.
- Establish viability for new products in the market – Business Cases formulation outlining revenue lines and costs for each product.
- Product Performance Reports – Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly Reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Competitor products analysis to benchmark on performance, market share and determine opportunities for growth.
- Collaboration with the Data Analytics Team in Strategy as Centre of Excellence in strategy for tools and working models.
- Developing reports, presentations and marketing materials to support business & product development.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University degree preferably in Business, Information Technology, Statistics, Data Analysis or related field from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree and professional qualifications will be added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience with relational databases or data analysis or in a similar role.
- 2 years’ experience in data extraction, interpretation, and presentation.
- Excellent project management and relationship management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & teamwork skills.