|Date Posted||April 29, 2021|
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Ethics & Compliance Department within the Corporate Security Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager; Fraud Detection, Ethics & Compliance, the successful candidate will lead in the design, delivery and monitoring of fraud prevention and detection initiatives to respond to current and emerging fraud risks while driving improved customer experience.
- Develop and correlate insights on current and emerging fraud trends and derive critical information to aid in decision making and performance benchmarks for fraud controls.
- Lead in the development and optimization of fraud rules and models in response to current and emerging fraud trends.
- Responsible for integration and optimization of fraud automations with business systems, and required data feeds aimed at improving detection ability and control environment;
- Setup of tracking mechanisms to monitor fraud KPIs and conduct deep dives geared towards success of the fraud initiatives within strict timelines.
- Collaborate with the various squads towards implementing short to medium term fraud controls
- Active participation in fraud reviews and other fraud monitoring initiatives.
- A graduate with a degree in Business, IT, or Engineering.
- A professional certification in Risk management or Information systems.
- At least 5 years in data analytics environment generating business insights by running ad-hoc analysis and have proven experience in a telecoms environment.
- Experience in systems development and integration experience in multiple platforms.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously with strict deadlines to deliver on commitments.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.