|Date Posted||May 23, 2023|
Job Ref: KCPSB/PCO/03/12/05/23
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
An officer at this level will be deployed in the Communication Directorate at the County Headquarters and will report to the Director Communication. Dutiesand responsibilities at this level will entail assisting the Assistant Director Communications in: -
- Gathering information on programmes, significant events in various sectoralareas and the impact on customers, and forwarding the same to the DirectorCommunication for dissemination;
- Carrying out research on local and national press on public opinion on theCounty Government;
- Assisting in the development of communications and media strategy;
- Editing stories on various topical issues before they are released to the publicand liaising with media practitioners and the public on issues of mutualconcern;
- Handling complex news, information and features that require objective judgment.
- Edit press releases/statements, keynote speeches, annual reports and other key documents for the County.
- Prepare talking notes and speeches for staff during media interviews and press conferences
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Served in the grade of Chief Public Communication Officer or an equivalent and comparable position in the Public Service or Private Sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s Degree, in any of the following disciplines: - Mass Communication, journalism, Public Relations, Communication Studies, Media Studies/science or Photojournalism from a recognized institution; OR bachelor's Degree in social Science with a Postgraduate Diploma in Photojournalism, Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Communication Studies or Media Studies/Science from a recognized institution;
- Have a clear understanding of working of the media;
- Have attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized Institution;
- Possess advanced computer application skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills’ and
- Have demonstrated professional and managerial competence in information work as reflected in work performance and results Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae,
- Academic and Professional certificates,
- PIN Certificate,
- National Identity Card or Passport and
- Any other supporting documents.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 260 - 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before WEDNESDAY 24TH MAY 2023.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
- Women and persons living with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
- Salary and benefits attached to these posts are as per the guidelines by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
- Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit our website:www.kirinyaga.go.ke for more details.