|Date Posted||November 25, 2021|
GRADE EBK 4
REF: EBK/HR & ADM/RT/030/VOL. I/ (320)
REPORTING LINES: Principal Capacity Building Officer, Accreditation Will Report To Manager, Capacity Building, Accreditation
The Principal Capacity Building Officer (Accreditation) is responsible for execution of activities in the quality assurance framework for accreditation of engineering programmes in Kenya; the assessment of foreign qualifications for registration; and development of curriculum for professional examination.
JOB AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
a) Job Specifications
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:-
• Assessing engineering qualifications of foreign persons against set criteria;
• Compile reports on accreditation of programs, local and foreign engineering programmes;
• Compile and update information from accreditation tools for engineering programmes;
• Compile and update a report all engineering disciplines and their requirements;
• Monitor and evaluate the framework for accreditation;
• Prepare database of accreditation standards and manuals;
• Carry out activities for accreditation and registration of foreign persons in line with the policy guidelines for accreditation;
• Supervise lower level staff working in the accreditation department;
• Gather information in relation to research on emerging accreditation areas;
• Prepare regular reports to Management on accreditation and registration o foreign persons;
• Respond to general requests for information about accreditation;
• Compile accreditation information for updating on the Boards website ; and
• Put in place mechanisms for managing accreditation related electronic/hard copy filing systems for the Board.
b) Person Specifications
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
• Have a minimum period of six (6) years relevant work experience Have Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution; and
• Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines - Engineering, Statistics, Communications, Economics, Finance, Law, Social Science from a recognized university Be registered with a professional body where applicable; and
• Be registered with a relevant professional body where applicable;
• Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
c) Key Competencies and Skills
For consideration to the position, the candidate must demonstrate that they have:
• Innovation skills;
• Proficiency in IT skills;
• Must be a self-starter;
• Analytical skills
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The positions are on Permanent and Pensionable Terms of Service.
An attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package awaits the successful applicant.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION
i. Successful candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and will therefore be required to provide the following documents;
• Clearance certificates from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
• Valid Tax Compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations ;
• Clearance certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission.
ii. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to log onto the Boards recruitment portal via https://ebk.go.ke/recruitment and must complete the registration and submit the same as well as attach the following documents.
• Copy of National Identification Card or Passport.
• Cover Letter
• Detailed CVs (giving current contact details of three (3) referees),
• Copies of all academic and professional certificates, copies of testimonials, details of current position, current remuneration
Attach all the above documents as one pdf document
All applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered. No Hard Copy Application will be accepted.
All applications(Cover Letters) must be received not later than 14th December2021 at 1700 Hours and should be addressed to;
ENGINEERS BOARD OF KENYA,
P. O. Box 30324-00100
The Board is an equal-opportunity employer in keeping with its obligations under the Constitution of Kenya 2010 particularly Articles 10, 27(4) and 232. The Board therefore encourages qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race,culture, religion, marital status or disability to apply.