|Date Posted||September 23, 2021|
Health Care / Medical
The pharmacist/Pharmaceutical Technologist is responsible for receiving prescriptions, advising and dispensing drugs to customers in the pharmacy.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Dispensing both over the counter drugs and prescription only medicines
2. Preparing solutions and compounds as per prescriptions
3. Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels: anticipating needed drugs, placing orders, removing expired drugs on the shelves.
4. Maintaining a clean and safe pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
5. Ensure medication availability by arranging for delivery of drugs to customers
6. Post transactions after sale be it through cash, insurance, credit cards or M-pesa
7. Provides pharmacological information by answering customer’s questions and advising on medications
8. Maintain proper records of prescriptions, invoices for ease of reference
9. Maintain cleanliness in the assigned shelves and work spaces
10. Educate customers on proper handling of medical devices such as blood pressure monitors and glucose meters.
11. Contribute to Branch success through team work
12. Any other duties that may be assigned
1. Diploma in pharmaceutical Technology from a reputable institution
2. Degree from a reputable institute
3. At least 2year experience in a retail pharmacy set-up
4. Registration with Pharmacy and poisons Board- Added advantage
Skills and attributes
1. Customer service oriented
2. High integrity and confidentiality
3. Team player
4. High energy levels
5. Quality focus
Qualified candidates and within Nairobi are highly encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree