|Date Posted||April 5, 2021|
Health Care / Medical
Matibabu Foundation College of Health Sciences is an initiative of Matibabu Foundation in partnership with local and international health stakeholders to promote quality healthcare in Kenya. The college is located in Ukwala town, Ugenya Sub-county and offers Diploma and Certificate courses in various fields.
Reports to: Pharm Tech in Charge
Duties / Responsibilities
- Dispensing or supervising the dispensation of medications and related supplies, according to physicians’ prescriptions
- Reviewing prescriptions for accuracy
- Checking for drug interactions
- Compounding medications and preparing special solutions
- Counseling patients regarding appropriate use of medications
- Overseeing daily ordering, as well as automatic refills
- Collaborating with other healthcare professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate patient effectiveness
- Recommending drug therapy changes when appropriate
- Complying with drug laws as regulated by Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya.
- Educating patients and staff on drug therapies
Qualification / Requirements:
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- At least two (2) years’ work experience as a Pharmaceutical technologist
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Duly registered and licensed by the Kenya Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong report writing and record keeping ability.
- Good computer and database skills
Interested candidates on any of the positions should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials and names of three referees and day time telephone contacts to:
The Administration Officer,
P.O. Box 230 – 40607,
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 9th April, 2021