|Date Posted||January 27, 2021|
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
- This role is responsible for data extraction, analysis, and interpretation for decision making.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Perform extraction of identified data for compliance purposes
- Design and automate data extraction process
- Reviewing and analyzing data as per user requirements
- Analyzing feedback relating to different data sets and initiatives in the department
- Preparing appropriate reports for submission to relevant units/sections for decision making.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A university degree from a recognized University in any Business-related field
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Tax Administration /Tax Training
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least one (1) year working experience in the relevant field
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills