|Date Posted||September 11, 2022|
IT / Information Technology
The job holder is responsible for development of new systems to automate business processes and maintenance of existing systems through change and enhancements.
1. Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions.
2. Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
3. Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software.
4. Develop enhancements and maintain existing software.
5. Diagnose and address issues arising from testing and deployments.
6. Conduct system demos and walk-throughs.
7. Create security and data protection settings.
8. Prepare technical documentation.
9. Apply coding standards consistently in every solution developed.
10. Ensure developed products conform to policy and information security requirements.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
Post graduate qualifications in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications is an added advantage.
Professional Certification or Training in any one of the following areas is required:
• Software Development i.e. Microsoft Certified Systems Developer (MCSD), Java Programming, Python, Web Design and Development, Oracle Developer etc.
• Database Administration i.e. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server etc.
• Business Intelligence and Analytics i.e. Oracle BI, Power BI
Relevant Work Experience Required Post graduate work experience of at least one (1) year as a Software Developer, Enterprise Web Developer.
• Proven experience in design, development, implementation and maintenance of enterprise business systems.
• Proven experience in integration of enterprise business systems.
• Working experience with relational databases and database management tools (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server etc.)
• Proficiency in Object Oriented programming techniques, languages (Java, Python, PHP etc.) and frameworks (Spring, Struts, Django, Flask, .NET etc.)
• Expert knowledge of web based technologies (HTML, XML, XHTML, DHTML, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
• Expert knowledge of internet and messaging protocols i.e. HTTP, FTP, SOAP and REST
• Working knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems.
• Working knowledge of System Design and Modelling techniques.
The job holder must have:
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
• Be proactive with good analytical and problem solving skills
• Team player
• Ability to pay attention to details
• Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
• Passion for innovation and creativity
• High levels of integrity
• Ability to work under minimum supervision
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
• Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
• After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
• After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
• Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
• After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
• On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
• Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
• Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
• The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
• Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
• To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
• Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
• Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
• To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
• Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
• Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
• To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com