WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Date Posted||March 25, 2023|
Education / Teaching
On 8 December 2020, we inaugurated the Still I Rise International School in Nairobi, thanks to the support of many friends and donors. Our school is located in Mathare, Nairobi, an area strategically chosen to welcome the city’s forgotten children. Mathare is one of the most disadvantaged slums in the world and it stands in between the districts of Pangani, Eastleigh and Huruma, some of the areas with a very high density of refugees. We offer our 150 students a high-quality international curriculum. We create opportunities and promote development not only for our students but for the entire community. We hold cultural events which expose student efforts as well as supporting parents to find work. The main focus of the project is the involvement of the local community. The staff is made up of the best local professionals and teachers with the support of a selection of international teachers. In June 2021, the school joined the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) circuit, as an IB Candidate School: a high standard reserved for some of the best schools on the planet!
Salary Range : KSh 30,000 – KSh 50,000/month
- Plan, deliver and facilitate dynamic, active, and creative Mathematics lessons for diverse classes of students aged 10-15.
- Review and monitor the progress of all students and identify their individual learning needs. Differentiate instruction to meet those needs of the students, providing extra support to those students who are below grade level.
- Sensitively and appropriately provide pastoral care to our students from disadvantaged backgrounds. Handle urgent situations with consummate professionalism and in accordance with our Discipline Policy and Safeguarding Policy, utilising the school’s support network as necessary.
- Conduct regular formative and summative assessments, recording and reporting grades and performance.
- Attend and participate in regular professional development activities.
- Help our school excel with your participation and leadership in community engagement, competitions, school trips and other activities.
- Contribute to the development and leadership of our extracurricular programmes.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Teaching and Learning, provide feedback on quality and wellbeing to ensure programmes are designed, implemented, monitored, and evaluated to maximise positive impact on vulnerable children.
- Excellent written and oral English
- Academic or Professional Certificates;
- Completion of CRB/Background check;
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Teaching, Education or equivalent
- At least two years of teaching experience;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to mentor students on a daily basis;
- Resilience in a challenging and changing environment;
- The curiosity and willingness to develop and practice modern teaching techniques;
- Determined team player.
- Experience teaching low-achieving students
- Experience working with refugee populations
- Experience working with vulnerable people
- Experience in Child Safeguarding and Protection
- Teaching Service Commission (TSC) Number