|Date Posted||November 25, 2021|
GRADE EBK 3
REF: EBK/HR & ADM/RT/030/VOL. I/ (319)
REPORTING LINE: Manager, Research And strategy Will Report To The Director, Policy, Research & Strategy
The Manager, Research and Strategy is responsible for coordinating the development of strategic plans, policies development, and research for the Board.
JOB AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
a) Job Specifications
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:-
• Develop and monitor the implementation of the Boards strategic plan and the Performance Contract ;
• Develop business re-engineering processes;
• Develop and implement the strategies on business continuity;
• Initiate strategic collaborations, partnerships and linkages with the Boards stakeholders;
• Develop and Implement guidelines to promote the Boards advocacy initiatives in engineering;
• Develop and Implement programs to promote knowledge management in engineering matters;
• Develop and implement resource mobilization strategies to support funding of the Boards projects;
• Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the Key Projects/Activities for the Board;
• Mentor, Coach and supervise staff under the department;
• Prepare the departmental work plans and budgets;
• Undertake performance appraisal for the staff under the department
b) Person Specifications
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
• Have a minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) years of which should be in a supervisory position.
• Have Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution; and
• Have Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Statistics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
• Be registered with a professional body where applicable; and
• Have Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
c) Key Competencies and Skills
For consideration to the position, the candidate must demonstrate that they have:
• Resources Mobilization Skills;
• Good planner and organizer;
• Excellent decision maker;
• Excellent analytical, negotiation; and
• Interpersonal and communication skills.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The positions are on Permanent and Pensionable Terms of Service.
An attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package awaits the successful applicant.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION
i. Successful candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and will therefore be required to provide the following documents;
• Clearance certificates from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
• Valid Tax Compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations ;
• Clearance certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission.
ii. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to log onto the Boards recruitment portal via https://ebk.go.ke/recruitment and must complete the registration and submit the same as well as attach the following documents.
• Copy of National Identification Card or Passport.
• Cover Letter
• Detailed CVs (giving current contact details of three (3) referees),
• Copies of all academic and professional certificates, copies of testimonials, details of current position, current remuneration
Attach all the above documents as one pdf document
All applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered. No Hard Copy Application will be accepted.
All applications(Cover Letters) must be received not later than 14th December2021 at 1700 Hours and should be addressed to;
ENGINEERS BOARD OF KENYA,
P. O. Box 30324-00100
The Board is an equal-opportunity employer in keeping with its obligations under the Constitution of Kenya 2010 particularly Articles 10, 27(4) and 232. The Board therefore encourages qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race,culture, religion, marital status or disability to apply.