|Date Posted||November 25, 2021|
GRADE EBK 3
REF: EBK/HR & ADM/RT/030/VOL. I/ (318)
REPORTING LINE: Manager, Registration Services Will Report To The Director, Registration, Licensing And Resource Centre
The Manager, Registration Services will be responsible for planning, organizing and managing the processes for the registration of engineers and engineering consulting firms and oversee the issuance of licenses by the Board.
JOB AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
a) Job Specifications
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:-
• Develop and implement policies and guidelines to facilitate registration and licensing of persons and engineering consulting firms;
• Coordinate the receipt, review and vetting of applications from persons and engineering consulting firms seeking registration and licensing;
• Maintain up to date comprehensive database of registered person and engineering consulting firms ;
• Coordinate the scheduling, conducting and collating results of professional examinations;
• Prepare responses to inquiries on the registration of persons and engineering consulting firms;
• Participate in the development, implementation and review of the Boards strategic plan;
• Prepare the registration certificates and licenses for issuance by the Registrar;
• Monitor, evaluate and make recommendations to enhance efficiency of the registration and licensing processes;
• Prepare documentation for the gazettement of licensed engineers and engineering firms;
• Mentor, Coach and supervise staff under the department;
• Prepare the departmental work plans and budgets;
• Undertake performance appraisal for the staff under the department.
b) Person Specifications
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
• Have at least eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been in supervisory level;
• Have Bachelors Degree in Engineering from a recognized Institution
• Have Masters degree in Engineering or relevant qualification from a recognized university;
• Be a registered Professional Engineer by the Board
• Be a member of good standing with the Board.
• vii Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
c) Key Competencies and Skills
For consideration to the position, the candidate must demonstrate that they have:
• Attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Analytical skills
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in computer applications;
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The positions are on Permanent and Pensionable Terms of Service.
An attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package awaits the successful applicant.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION
i. Successful candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and will therefore be required to provide the following documents;
• Clearance certificates from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
• Valid Tax Compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations ;
• Clearance certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission.
ii. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to log onto the Boards recruitment portal via https://ebk.go.ke/recruitment and must complete the registration and submit the same as well as attach the following documents.
• Copy of National Identification Card or Passport.
• Cover Letter
• Detailed CVs (giving current contact details of three (3) referees),
• Copies of all academic and professional certificates, copies of testimonials, details of current position, current remuneration
Attach all the above documents as one pdf document
All applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered. No Hard Copy Application will be accepted.
All applications(Cover Letters) must be received not later than 14th December2021 at 1700 Hours and should be addressed to;
ENGINEERS BOARD OF KENYA,
P. O. Box 30324-00100
The Board is an equal-opportunity employer in keeping with its obligations under the Constitution of Kenya 2010 particularly Articles 10, 27(4) and 232. The Board therefore encourages qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race,culture, religion, marital status or disability to apply.