|Date Posted||January 27, 2021|
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
- This role is responsible for provision of efficient administration of services, formulating policies and strategies in the department.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Providing leadership & direction on technical and administrative matters.
- Coordinating and ensuring harmony in the implementation of strategies, policies and procedures
- Ensuring efficient and effective management of resources
- Overseeing the implementation, maintenance and operation of business support systems
- Developing, organizing and controlling an effective system to safeguard the Authority’s
- interests, premises, personnel and property
- Ensuring all audit recommendations are implemented by the stations
- Ensuring that KRA internal standards are maintained.
- Ensuring effective organization of events
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the unit
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A university degree from a recognized University in any Business-related field
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Project Management
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Minimum five (5) years progressive work experience and two (2) years at entry level management in a relevant role.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- People management skills
- Technological ability
- Good decision making capabilities
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Resilient, focused and results-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Good time-management, problem-solving and multitasking abilities
- Tax business understanding