|Date Posted||November 25, 2021|
GRADE EBK 3
REF: REF NO. EBK/HR & ADM/RT/030/VOL. I/ (317)
REPORTING LINE: Manger, Capacity Building(Internship) Will Report To The Director, Capacity Building And Accreditation
The Manager, Capacity Building (Internship) is responsible for successful implementation of the Boards Graduate Engineers Internship Programme.
JOB AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
a) Job Specifications
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:-
• Develop and implement the Graduate Engineers Internship Program (GEIP)
• Identify placement opportunities in various government and private organization for the interns in the Graduate Engineers Internship Program (GEIP) programme
• Prepare advertisements for recruitment of interns into the Graduate Engineers Internship Program (GEIP) programme;
• Develop and Implement a Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning framework for the Graduate Engineers Internship Program (GEIP) programme;
• Handle all issues of development of the Graduate Engineers Internship Program (GEIP) programme;
• Maintain and Update the Graduate Engineers Internship Program (GEIP) internship Management System for all interns and supervisors;
• Develop and review policy documents for Graduate Engineers Internship Programm (GEIP);
• Develop training manuals to ensure that they are relevant to particular disciplines and categories for Engineers;
• Develop and implement agreements and memoranda of understanding Administer functions related to Graduate Engineers Internship Program (GEIP) programs;
• Research on emerging areas that Engineers need to be trained in;
• Mentor, Coach and supervise staff under the department;
• Prepare the departmental work plans and budgets;
• Undertake performance appraisal for the staff under the department.
b) Person Specifications
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
• Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines - Engineering, Statistics, Communications, Economics, Finance, Law, Social Science from a recognized university.
• Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines - Engineering, Statistics, Communications, Economics, Finance, Law, Social Science from a recognized university;
• Be registered with a relevant professional body where applicable; and
• Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks.
c) Key Competencies and skills
For consideration to the position, the candidate must demonstrate that they have:
• Must be a self-starter;
• Resource management skills;
• Leadership skills;
• Excellent coordination skills; and
• Analytical skills.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The positions are on Permanent and Pensionable Terms of Service.
An attractive competitive compensation and benefits package awaits the successful applicant.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION
i. Successful candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and will therefore be required to provide the following documents;
• Clearance certificates from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
• Valid Tax Compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations ;
• Clearance certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission.
ii. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to log onto the Boards recruitment portal via https://ebk.go.ke/recruitment and must complete the registration and submit the same as well as attach the following documents.
• Copy of National Identification Card or Passport.
• Cover Letter
• Detailed CVs (giving current contact details of three (3) referees),
• Copies of all academic and professional certificates, copies of testimonials, details of current position, current remuneration
Attach all the above documents as one pdf document
All applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered. No Hard Copy Application will be accepted.
All applications(Cover Letters) must be received not later than 14th December2021 at 1700 Hours and should be addressed to;
ENGINEERS BOARD OF KENYA,
P. O. Box 30324-00100
The Board is an equal-opportunity employer in keeping with its obligations under the Constitution of Kenya 2010 particularly Articles 10, 27(4) and 232. The Board therefore encourages qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race,culture, religion, marital status or disability to apply.