|Date Posted||January 27, 2021|
Despite having one of the most advanced economies on the African continent, Kenya is still a developing country. Compared with its neighbors, Kenya demonstrates relative political and social stability, though sometimes aggravated by ethnic conflict. Even though the agricultural sector employs 75% of the workforce, the country remains largely food insecure. Just 40 miles southeast of Lake Victoria lies the district of Kuria West on the Kenya-Tanzania border. A single paved highway lined with concrete shops, tiny restaurants, and service providers cuts through the border town. The rest of the district is a web of dirt roads amid rolling hills dotted with farms and homesteads.
Location: Isebania / Sirare, Migori, Kenya
Education: Degree in Business Management or other related fields
Experience: Milk & milk products experience shall be an added advantage
We are searching for a reliable, organized Management Trainee to join our organization. The Management Trainee’s responsibilities include completing all assigned tasks, which may include, performing duties in different departments, gaining knowledge of operations, learning how to handle disputes, attending meetings and workshops, traveling to other offices, providing support and suggestions for improvement, updating records, and preparing documentation. You should also be able to complete any required evaluations.
To be successful as a Management Trainee, you should have superb attention to detail and be able to promptly identify problems. Outstanding candidates will have great leadership, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
Management Trainee Responsibilities:
- Receive training and performs duties in departments of Finance, Sales and marketing, Operations and Production
- Completing all assigned tasks and assisting with day-to-day operations.
- Participating in meetings, workshops, and other learning opportunities.
- Observing and learning from experienced staff members.
- Gaining knowledge of company policies, protocols, and processes.
- Taking detailed notes and liaising with Managers, Supervisors, and other senior staff.
- Fulfilling any requirements and meeting goals set out at the start of the traineeship.
- Following all company regulations, and health and safety codes.
- Preparing documents and updating records.
- Learning about conflict resolution and sitting in on disciplinary hearings.
- Traveling to different offices and participating in daily operations as required.
- Leading and supervising.
- Working with people
- Writing and reporting
- Analyzing information
- Planning and organizing
- Entrepreneurial & commercial thinking
- Delivering results & exceeding customer expectations
- Coping with pressure
Management Trainee Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or other related fields
- Experience in a management role or similar.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- A valid driving license.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong leadership skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Willingness to work overtime.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Working knowledge of the latest business policies and regulations.
- Demonstrable analytical thinking & business insight.
Eligible and interested candidates should send their CV and application letter to
Closing Date : 5th February, 2021