|Date Posted||January 23, 2022|
The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and supervising Food and Non-food items distribution items to the Refugees in Dadaab. The incumbent will ensure effective and efficient warehousing, asset, fleet and fuel management best practices. S/He is expected to demonstrate CARE Kenya core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Commitment when undertaking his/her responsibilities, promote rights and good governance and promote gender responsive behaviors
The employee shall fully comply with CARE policies and procedures and should be accountable for it.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 1: Overall Coordination and logistics management – 50%
- Identify requirements, establish and maintain all logistical infrastructure for better management of warehouses in Dadaab main office and camps.
- Frequent visit to all camps to monitor the warehouses organization, review records and ensure it is maintained up to date both in hard copy and electronically, either in excel or update of record in any EPR used by CARE or donor.
- Coordination of logistics in Dadaab including distribution of food and non-food items to the refugee populations located in North Eastern Kenya.
- Approve commodity requests slips for all sectors/units.
- Coordinate preparation of warehousing monthly update reports.
- Conduct random physical checks of warehouse stocks.
- Take up discrepancies identified with management for decision-making.
- Ensure security of warehouse through training and delegation of responsibilities for locking and material releases in coordination with Safety and Security Coordinator.
- Represent CARE Kenya during donor agencies (UNHCR, WFP etc) planning meetings on areas concerning Logistics.
- Develop, manage and monitor all operations related budgets.
- Work within the budget limits and be able to account for all expenditure incurred.
- Together with the Donor agency staff, participate in joint quarterly and yearly project evaluations/ appraisals.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 2: Development, revision and ensure proper use of logistics policies/SOPs – 10%
- Develop logistics policies/ systems and procedures.
- Review and revise Logistics SOP at least once a year.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders for input before roll out of logistics Standard Operating
- Procedures (SOP).
- Ensure all staff are engaged and understand the Logistics Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 3: Fuel and Fleet Management – 30%
- Ensure fleet wave is used and complete information is updated in the system.
- Ensure fuel and fleet records are maintained accurately both in hard copy and electronically including gate passes, commodity requests, vehicle logs
- Ensure commodity request for fuel for generators and vehicles are recorded in hard copy and electronically.
- Oversee the overall transport activities including coordination of workplans
- Approving road and flight manifests as per CARE guidelines.
- Review monthly vehicle reports and ensure effective and efficient utilization of fuel and vehicle management.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 4: Staff management and reporting -10%
- On continuous basis, manage the logistics support staff on leave management, performance and personal development and capacity building, mentoring, recruitments, time sheets,
- Provided support, guidance and on job training to sector staff on various fields of need.
- Prepare Bi-Weekly and monthly, quarterly and annually statistical and narrative donor reports.
- Observe and maintain timely reporting to management/ donors as required.
CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS (internal & external):
External : UNHCR, WFP, NRC, LWF, NCCK, IRC IOM, UNICEF, GIZ
Internal: HR, GCD, EDUCATION, WASH, MSU, ADMINISTRATION, PQLU, SAFETY AND SECURITY, FINANCE, ICT
The position is based at Dadaab Main Office (DMO) with frequent movements to the Camps Hagadera, Ifo and Dagahaley as well as any other extension camps and program sites. This is a non-family working station. Hot weather is prevalent throughout the year with limited basic amenities. Road movement to and from work station to Garissa as well as inter-camp movement must be under police escort (Scheduled convoys). Strict adherence to security instructions all the time. It is a six days work station with a compensatory time off according to CTO policy. The incumbent will be required to travel to Nairobi office and perform official responsibilities as will be required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Logistics/Statistics
Experience: 5 years relevant experience in a busy Logistics Coordination role preferably with an international NGO
- Sound background in project management, fleet management, Administration and Warehousing practices.
- Good working knowledge of Logistics procedures, systems and reporting skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural team environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change and accepting work assignments outside normal working hours.
- Proficiency in written and oral English and Swahili language.
- Leadership, Decision Making, Diplomacy, Problem solving, Organization skills, Planning.
Deadline to receive all applications will be on or before 17th January 2022, at 5.00 P.M EAT.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.