Language Development Assistant – Igembe
|Date Posted||April 9, 2023|
Education / Teaching
Bible Translation & Literacy is a Christian organization that was established in 1981 to facilitate Bible translation and sustainable Literacy and language development programmes among small language groups in Kenya and beyond. These language groups are isolated by harsh climate and rough terrain; many of them are limited in the areas of education and development. BTL is a member of Wycliffe Global Alliance. Vision: To see transformed lives, by the grace of God, when people use God’s Word in the language they understand best. Mission: To facilitate Bible translation and sustainable literacy and language development programmes among small language groups in Kenya and beyond, partnering with the Church and others to fulfill the Great Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Linguistic Coordinator to develop the respective language.
- Mobilize the community and create awareness about the work of Bible translation and language development.
- The Language Development Assistant will work closely with the respective church and community leaders and other relevant stakeholders in the language development process.
- Must be a born again Christian with good Christian standing.
- A bachelor’s degree in linguistics is preferred, but also a bachelor’s degree in education, specializing in English and literature or Kiswahili, or a bachelor’s degree in mathematics or a related field, will be considered.
- Mastery of the respective language.
- Excellent analytical skills, especially in linguistics.
- Good research skills.
- Excellent report writing and computer skills.
- Ability to work well in a team