|Date Posted||September 14, 2020|
Education / Teaching
Applications are invited from appropriately qualified candidates for the position of Instructional Design E-Learning Specialist – Department of Medicine Aga Khan University.
Reporting to the Principal Investigator, this position will assist in the adaptation of an Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) training curriculum to an e-learning format for use in training of clinicians and pharmacists at Aga Khan University outpatient clinics. The Specialist will be tasked with creating/improving instructional design elements of course materials, and will work with identified experts to adapt existing training materials into interactive e-learning formats to be delivered in an e-Learning platform. The Specialist will work in collaboration with an E-Learning Lead to ensure that content is consistent with established competencies, appropriate to student learning needs, uses appropriate training methodologies, and conforms to best practices in online learning.
- Developing storyboards and content worksheets for e-learning courses.
- Analyzing existing training materials to adapt trainings using best practices in adult learning and online learning.
- Creating appropriate learning activities, including assesments and examiniations, based existing course material and learning objectives.
- Creating interactive features from existing content
- Supporting the capture of content audio narration from experts and using software tools to edit and synchronize recorded audio.
- Identifiying existing learning resources to include in courses.
- Assembling e-learning content into a learning management system (LMS).
- Providing technical support to students in online courses.
- Assisting faculty and subject matter experts in adapting learning content for e-learning formats.
- Assessing and providing feedback to development team on obstacles and opportunities for e-learning in the Kenyan context
- Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, or related field; or equivalent professional experience.
- 2-3 years experience in adapting curriculum to e-learning formats.
- Experience with a variety of e-learning formats and methodologies.
- Familiarity with basic audio and video editing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Flexibility in schedule to accommodate collaboration with partners in international time zones
- Experience with e-learning authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate and Articulate Storyline.
- Experience using and configuring Learning Management Systems such as Moodle.
- Experience with developing training material for health care professionals, specifically relating to HIV and other infectious diseases.
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to the Manager, Recruitment, Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi. P. O. Box 30270-00100, NAIROBI or throught the emails below. Applications by email are preferred.
Please indicate the title of the position on your application.
Applications should be submitted latest by October 31, 2020