|Date Posted||November 25, 2021|
Human Resource / HR
GRADE EBK 6
REF: REF NO. EBK/HR & ADM/RT/030/VOL. I/ (324)
REPORTING LINES: Human Resources Management And Development Officer Will Report To Senior Human Resources Management And Development Officer
The Human Resources Management and Development Officer is responsible for support/giving inputs on preparation of organizational analysis and design, recruitment and selection, training and development, performance appraisal, career and succession planning, and management of employee relations within the Board.
JOB AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
a) Job Specifications
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:-
• Verify information relating to recruitment and performance appraisal documents;
• Process payroll and generates reconciliation reports;
• Prepares training projections and implementation reports;
• Prepares induction program and implementation reports;
• Prepares staff engagement programs;
• Update human resource records in an accurate and timely manner;
• Draft general Human Resource correspondences;
• Process monitor employee leave records and generating timely reports;
• Prepares necessary templates and paperwork in relation to the recruitment and performance appraisal;
• Liaise with the insurance, pension, medical providers in ensuring seamless service provision to the staff;
• Facilitates health and safety programs, HIV/AIDS Prevention, gender, disability mainstreaming, Alcohol, Drug and Substance Abuse;
b) Person Specifications
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
• Have Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
• Be a registered Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management.
• Higher Diploma Human Resources Management
c) Key Competencies and Skills
For consideration to the position, the candidate must demonstrate that they have:
• Proficiency in IT;
• Planning skills;
• Strong Communication and reporting skills;
• Interpersonal skills;
• Team player; and
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The positions are on Permanent and Pensionable Terms of Service.
An attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package awaits the successful applicant.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION
i. Successful candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and will therefore be required to provide the following documents;
• Clearance certificates from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
• Valid Tax Compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations ;
• Clearance certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission.
ii. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to log onto the Boards recruitment portal via https://ebk.go.ke/recruitment and must complete the registration and submit the same as well as attach the following documents.
• Copy of National Identification Card or Passport.
• Cover Letter
• Detailed CVs (giving current contact details of three (3) referees),
• Copies of all academic and professional certificates, copies of testimonials, details of current position, current remuneration
Attach all the above documents as one pdf document
All applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered. No Hard Copy Application will be accepted.
All applications(Cover Letters) must be received not later than 14th December2021 at 1700 Hours and should be addressed to;
ENGINEERS BOARD OF KENYA,
P. O. Box 30324-00100
The Board is an equal-opportunity employer in keeping with its obligations under the Constitution of Kenya 2010 particularly Articles 10, 27(4) and 232. The Board therefore encourages qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race,culture, religion, marital status or disability to apply.