|Date Posted||September 12, 2020|
Human Resource / HR
The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) was established under Cap 255 of the Laws of Kenya in 1966 as a department in the Ministry of Health to provide health insurance exclusively for those in the formal employment. In 1972 an amendment was made to allow for membership for those in the informal employment. The Fund was then transformed into a state corporation through an Act of parliament, NHIF Act No. 9 of 1998. The Fund’s core mandate is to provide social medical insurance cover to all its members and their declared dependents (spouse and children). The Fund’s vision is “A world class universal social insurer”.
REF NO. NHIF/HHR/007/20
We are seeking a personable, experienced transformative human resources business partner to join the organization. In this position, you will primarily act as an internal consultant for NHIF management on human resources matters. You should be a proactive communicator and change agent, someone who can successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions. This position reports to the Director, Corporate Services.
- Assess and anticipate human resources-related needs
- Coordinate talent sourcing, selection and placement to ensure NHIF has a pool of qualified human resource with the required competencies
- Oversee the implementation of a comprehensive and effective human resource management information system.
- Coordinate the implementation of the performance management system.
- Coordinate resolution of employee grievances and disciplinary cases, recommending appropriate action to resolve problems as well as assisting employees to find satisfactory solutions to personal problems through counseling services
- Conduct training needs analysis and baseline attitude surveys to design and implement relevant training programs.
- Monitor training programs to ensure that training objectives are met
- Develop and nurture partnerships through human resources to bridge the divide between management and employees
- Analyze HR data trends and metrics to inform business decisions
- Design innovative programs to build morale, improve workplace relationships, and boost productivity and retention
- Ensure regulatory compliance with labor legal requirements pertinent to the day-to-day management of employees; collaborate with the legal department when necessary
- Interpret human resources policy to CEO, Management and Staff.
- Business Acumen to understand and deal with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
- Organizational Development mindset
- Problem Solving Skills to find solutions to difficult or complex issues.
- Strategic Partner to contribute to the development of and the accomplishment of organization wide objectives.
- Trusted Advisor on various people related aspects
- Flexibility and adaptable to business requirements.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- A holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or any other discipline from a recognized institution.
- A Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development or Business Administration from recognized institution is a strong advantage.
- A Higher Diploma or a professional certification in Human Resource Management such as CHRP (K), SPHRi, PHRi or CIPD.
- Have relevant experience of nine (9) years, three (3) of which should be at managerial level.
- A member in good standing of The Institute of Human Resource Managemen
We appreciate your application and advise that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and invited for interview. Each application should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae. copies of relevant academic and professional certificates. testimonials, national ID and other relevant supporting documents and submitted through
to The Chief Executive Officer. All applications should be clearly marked -Position Title and Reference Number on the subject line.
Applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority:
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission:
- Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureaus: and
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance certificate).
Closing Date : 16th September, 2020