|Date Posted||June 21, 2021|
Reporting To: Chief Finance Officer
Overall Job Purpose
The Head of Financial & Regulatory Reporting will be responsible for managing the preparation and distribution of financial reports of periodic financial statements for external use. They will also ensure that reports filings and documents comply with the IFRS and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate the Preparation of periodic (monthly, quarterly) and annual statements for the Bank and Group.
- Coordinate the Preparation of financial reports to senior management and the board.
- Coordinate the Preparation and submission to management the daily performance report for the business, with a review and analysis of any adverse movement in the key parameters.
- Overseeing the production of financial reports for all Group entities and the submission to all relevant regulatory bodies.
- Provide guidance on accounting requirement (IFRS) for exotic and vanilla financial products.
- Ensure compliance to all regulatory and financial reporting requirements.
- Liaising with different departments to perform multifaceted analysis and prepare reports to summarize financial data.
- Facilitate cross-functional learning programs on new accounting, reporting requirements.
- Manage the financial reporting requirements, processes and procedures for capturing, maintaining, and reporting accurate data.
- Improve accuracy of financial reporting systems and accounting procedures by reducing cycle times for key reporting requirements, streamlining underlying data sources and standardizing reporting formats
- Provide technical accounting support to the different user groups across the bank.
- Conduct impact assessment of new Standards and regulatory requirements on financial reporting.
- Analyse the financial reports and information to assess the past, present and impending financial status.
- Performing monthly comparative statistical analyses of financial numbers, calculating financial ratios, following up on unusual variances with respective branch heads, and preparing written explanation of the major variations to the Finance Director.
- Tax Management: Effectively manage, design and implement tax planning initiatives, analyse tax effects of all initiatives and projects and tax liabilities associated with intricate business transactions in the bank/Group and its branches.
- Responsible for planning, preparing and analysing the Bank/Group tax returns so as to ensure tax compliance.
- Serve as a primary contact person on taxation matters and also act as a Liaison with external tax consultants and regulatory bodies in reporting tax issues.
- Liaise with and close all matters raised by external auditors.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- First Degree in Finance or Accounting plus CPA K.
- MBA is an added advantage.
- 12 years’ experience in financial environment with three years in management level.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Proficient and thorough knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS) of IFRS,
- Strong financial, accounting and managerial skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems, MS Office and core banking system
- Innovative, excellent analytical skill.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Good leadership, managerial and supervisory skills.