|Date Posted||May 13, 2021|
HFC Limited, an integrated property and financial solutions provider has an exciting opportunity in our Finance Division. We are seeking for talented, dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual who is committed to performance excellence and participating in our growth strategy.
Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
Reporting To: Chief Finance Officer
Overall Job Purpose
The Head of Financial Planning & Analysis will provide business development units Retail, Personal Banking, Financial institutions with Budgeting, forecasting, and performance analysis to ensure sustainable value creation they will also provide information on performance and profitability of business units business segments, products, channels and customers to support decision making.
• Assist to develop Financial Strategic Plan that supports the turnaround strategy adopted by the bank and Group.
• Design the transformation strategy and ensure that it is both cost-effective and aligned in order to support the needs of key stakeholders.
• Monitor costs and expenditure of business units and recommend initiatives to improve efficiency.
• Monitor revenues of business units and recommend opportunities to grow and diversify the business unit revenue.
• Prepare regular summary business unit performance reports and analysis for submission to respective business leadership and executive.
• Conduct monthly analysis and commentary on business segments, channels, products, margins, customer and relationship performance identifying areas for improvement and correction.
• Prepare the monthly and annual budgets and rolling forecast for the business units highlighting drivers expected to impact the business and the corrective actions required.
• Developing Predictive Algorithms Models and any requested financial performance scenario models for presentation to management.
• Automating Finance Processes- Robotic Process Automation.
• Develop the IOT in Finance- the Internet of Things that helps make data driven decisions that Support more efficient operations.
• Performance analytics - Advanced Analytics for Business using Operational and Financial data to uncover untapped potential.
• Assist in moving the department to High Value Work. Moving on from Data Consolidation to Analysis.
• Together with other departments develop the annual ICAAP.
• Establish frameworks, policies and procedures for optimizing and allocating capital.
• Develop a framework for Asset Liability Management and FTP Model for the bank.
• Create business case by highlighting the value and return on investment of new projects.
• Derive performance measures and benchmarks for monitoring Key Performance Indicators and ensure that they are tied to the company’s overall strategy.
• Lead in establishing and supporting partnerships between business unit and the finance department across the Group.
• Support budgets and forecasts preparation for businesses and Group.
• Budgeting and Budget control- Ensure the Annual financial planning and budgeting is done timely.
• Establishing and maintaining the business budget reporting system for individual Branches and the Group as a whole.
• Conducting cost/benefit analyses as required and preparing comparative, analytical reports on the fiscal performance of the bank, Group and branches and reporting results to executive and management staff.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
• First Degree in Finance, Financial analysis or Accounting plus CPA K.
• MBA is an Added advantage.
• 10 years’ experience in financial environment with three years in management level.
Key Competencies and Skills
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models,
• Solid analytical and decision-making skills, Leadership abilities
• Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and financial reporting software
• Knowledge of MS Office and core banking system.
• Excellent analytical skill .
• Ability to meet stringent deadlines.
• Good leadership, managerial and supervisory skills