|Date Posted||April 20, 2021|
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group’s capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group’s operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
Consumer credit is responsible for approval of consumer loans with the aim of ensuring proper credit risk appetite is maintained. It works closely with retail division, shared services division, and legal division with a focus on proper post approval criteria on the various loans are maintained.
To support the growth consumer loans portfolio by making quality credit decisions according to banks credit policy and CBK prudential guidelines.
- Assess and approve Credit Facilities within the allocated Lending Discretionary Limit
- Make recommendations /present credit papers to the Director Credit for any Credit Facility amounts falling above delegated discretion.
- Assess and grant authority for roll-out of check-off schemes within approved discretion and make recommendations to the Director Credit, for those of values exceeding the delegated limit.
- Ensure a collaborative approach to the Business/Credit functions’ partnership.
- Enforce efficient turnaround times (TAT) on Consumer loans in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Review Retail Consumer Loans policies on a continuous basis in line with sound risk management practices and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a good loan book through development of the Unit’s strategies that mitigate against credit risks, review exposures under the various schemes and products and keep migration of Consumer lending (Personal lending, Residential Mortgages, Car loans to customers, Staff loans etc.) to NPLs, to less than 3%.
- Develop and manage the Unit’s capabilities, Staff performance competencies, process controls and excellent service delivery system, to be measured through internal audit rating and both internal and external satisfaction survey indices.
- Manage the Unit’s annual Capex and OPEX budget.
- Degree from a University recognized by CUE. MBA degree will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification in ACIB / AKIB will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of wide-ranging bank experience, having a minimum of 4 years’ Senior management level experience in Credit Administration, Credit Analysis, Debt Recovery and Lending related roles.
- At least 4 years’ experience in Managing large teams.
- Proven experience engaging with Banking Regulator, with demonstrated sound understanding of the regulatory environment including CBK Prudential Guidelines
- Demonstrable understanding of Business fundamentals and the financial services industry.
- Must have awareness of current business trends, risks, challenges and opportunities