|Date Posted||August 10, 2020|
The Group Tax Manager will be responsible for effective planning, management, control and The Group Tax Manager will coordinate and manage all tax matters relating to entities within the group as well as identifying and implementing tax processes and solutions according to regulatory and governance standards.
The ideal candidate is a team player who manages the tax team to greater performance, creates and implements tax plans and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership with respect to tax planning, compliance and control across d.light operations.
- Manage compliance with tax law across the d.lightgroup, in all tax aspects including, corporate tax, transfer pricing, PAYE and indirect taxes.
- Identification and evaluation of taxation risks within d.light
- Implementation of systems and processes to monitor and mitigate identified taxation risks.
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review of d.light company tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Optimization of d.light taxation expense, by identifying areas of tax savings and integration of tax planning within strategy formulation.
- New and existing product evaluation to determine taxation impact and advise on taxation optimization
- Custodian of d.light transfer pricing policy, responsible for ensuring that policy is up to date and appropriate agreements and approvals are in place to ensure compliance.
- cross-border transactionsMonitor current and impending legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management, create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in the company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all taxes.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Manage and facilitate tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects.
- Manage and mentor members of tax team to greater levels of effectiveness and engagement.
- Improve taxation knowledge within d.light through communication and tax training where appropriate.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of relevant tax planning and compliance experience at senior management level.
- 3+ years international corporate tax experience across various African countries ideally East Africa
- CPA designation with completion of In-depth tax courses.
- Extensive individual and corporate tax knowledge
- International good practices in tax administration including developing and implementing a comprehensive compliance management program
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team members.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a multi-geographic team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
- Flexibility in resolving issues and addressing changing priorities.
Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 31stAugust 2020.