|Date Posted||December 8, 2021|
SIF is looking for a Grants manager based in Nairobi for its mission in both Kenya and Somalia.
Open since 2012, SIF's mission in Somalia, helped host populations and internal displaced people in Kismayo.
SIF contributed in improving food security and livelihood of vulnerable households in both countries. People impacted by the floods also received hygiene and first need kits. SIF developped as well its activities during COVID-19 pandemic by distributing medical supplies in Somalia. The sponsorship of orphans also supported their access to education.
The Grant manager will be Under the supervision of the programme coordinator and will work closely with project officers & managers and the MEAL manager.
Your main responsibilities are the following (evolving and non exhaustive list) :
- Provide support to the HOM in developping SIF's fundraising strategy and updating donor maping.
- Facilitate continuate donor interaction/relation with relevant key institutional donors through keeping tabs of key donor events/meeting and advising the HOM accordingly.
- Coordinate with headquarters throughout proposal development process.
- Support the organisation of project kick-off and close-out meeting and periodic grant review meeting, and other grant related meeting.
- Provide technical guidance and deliver trainings on SIF and donor guidelines and proposal development and reporting to programme staff and field offices.
- Relevant Master's level qualification in project Management/Development Studies or similar academic achievement.
- 3 years experience in proposal, project or programme development, reporting, or grant management in an INGO.
- Good knowledge of funding environment, including but not limited to European donors.
- Proven experience in successfully applying for institutional donor funding.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Ability to plan workload and demonstrate accountability and proactivity
- Good organizational skills including accuracy, consistency, attention to details, tenacity and ability to work under pressure.
- First 6 months French full time temporary contract.
- Starting date: ASAP.
- Health insurance, 60% covered by SIF.
- Rapatriation insurance, 100% covered by SIF.
- R&R to your homecountry covered by SIF after 6 months of mission.
- Leaves everey 3 months.
SIF commits to:
At SIF, we consider diversity as a wealth. Every applications fitting the job description will be thoroughly evaluated.
SIF reserves the right to check the criminal records according with the current law.
SIF respects the humanitarian principle of "Do no harm" and ensures child security as a primary consideration.
SIF practices a policy of zero tolerance toward every type of fraud, corruption, moral harassment, abuse or any type of violence, more broadly every type of offense to the legislation, regulation and code of conduct.
SIF rallies its personnel in the promotion, diffusion and respect of its chart's principles.
You fit this profile and support our commitment?
Join our solidarity chain by applying to this job offer