Global Change Manager (Digital Messaging)
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Date Posted||May 23, 2023|
- The role of Global Change Manager sits within the Digital Programming team at Save the Children International. This team is responsible for leading the digital transformation of our work with children and forms a central pillar of our global strategy to deliver greater impact to more children in the 120 countries in which we work. The Digital Programming team is putting in place the processes, platforms, tools and resources that enable Save the Children staff to design, deliver, and scale safe, high quality digital programmes.
- The role will lead change management for our Digital Messaging initiative. One of the greatest opportunities for Save the Children to transform the reach and efficiency of its programming is to harness digital forms of communication to train, engage, nudge and learn from those we wish to support. But a key barrier to the widespread adoption of digital communications is that many of our local teams do not know how to select the most suitable messaging platform for their needs and deploy messaging effectively in their programmes. Our Digital Messaging project aims to enhance audience engagement and communications in our programming - a key priority in our 2022-24 strategy – by providing a central digital capability for our implementing offices and partners.
- The Global Change Manager will be accountable for understanding the project context, and identifying and incorporating project stakeholders into the design, defining and managing the change plan and ensuring its successful deployment across our Country Offices and Members. They will be responsible for assessing the impact of change resulting from proposed digital solutions, and implementation options in terms of our people, processes, data, technology, policy & governance as well as our global legal requirements. They will work closely with individual projects and the wider Digital Programming Team to agree priorities, develop robust change plans, and monitor progress against these plans. There will be a need to consider the change implications and approach, not only directly on the project stakeholders, but also on the wider organisation to manage the change successfully and embed new practices and ways of working.
- The role holder will be responsible for managing the Change Management deliverables as part of the defined Save the Children Project Lifecycle, including e.g. a Stakeholder Matrix, Change & Communications Plan, and Change Impact Assessment etc. Core to this role will be ensuring effective alignment with wider transformation initiatives, as well as effectively managing relationships with key stakeholders and driving continuous improvements. Externally, the role may be required to work closely with third parties such as consultants and technology partners to understand and assess the impact of proposed ways of working, approaches and communications. In time, the role holder will be required to work alongside Regional Change Managers, within Member offices, embedding change at a global and collaboratively on a local level.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience and capability in change management and supporting the delivery of major transformational projects in regard to business processes and systems within a large and complex international organisation as well as changes to organisation structure and ways of working
- Experience of working across project phases to deliver change management oversight and interventions
- Experience in transitioning and embedding project approaches and methodology within an organisation
- Demonstrable ability to challenge the user-friendliness of set up, requirements and design for implementation and regular usage
- Experience of solving issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Engaging as well as assertive, influencing and negotiating
- Affinity, knowledge, and experience of working within a standardised project/change methodology
- An understanding of the concept of agile project delivery and the resulting impact on change management activities
- True passion for results, responsibility and proactivity
- Competent in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Prior experience in delivery of global transformation initiatives is highly desirable
- Previous Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
- Proficiency in a second core language of Save the Children (French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic)